Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Breaking the Silence - Socks

OK, the onset of spring has made me come out of seclusion. Unfortunately, it's also made the stupid shorts and flops come out of hiding, even when IT IS STILL ONLY 40 DEGREES OUTSIDE.

Ugh. I hate people.  But not people like alert reader, Jack. He sent me this picture from a play he saw, featuring the douchiest of douchey baristas.


God, it's like a who's who of my previous complaints. Floppy knit cap - check. Inappropriate cutoffs - check. Extraneous wrist adornment - check.  Also, as I mentioned, IT IS 40 DEGREES OUTSIDE. This is not the time for shorts. And it is not the time to go without socks.

Yes, I'm going to focus on the lack of proper ankle coverage, because the rest just makes me too angry to look at. When it's summer, fine. Don't wear socks. Or wear those short athletic socks. If it's shorts weather, then it can be sockless weather, as long as the rest of the footwear is appropriate (see Flop Week: Parts 1, 2 and 3).

But it is still cold out. Your short socks are driving me crazy. Your ankles need to be covered. Yes, this means that you will have to own more than one type of sock. But you can do it. Socks are not that expensive.

You can wait a few more weeks until it's warm enough to make different choices. But I might not be able to wait to kick you in the shins if I run into you on the street. Just a warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment