Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Floppy Knit Caps

One of the most frustrating things about this blog is the number of cringe-inducing photos I find on "fashion" sites, trying to tell the people to wear stupid things.  Like floppy hats.  Take this gem:

"It's cold outside so lets [sic] be smart. You need a hat thats [sic] very warm and looks great. I reccommend [sic] the knit rasta hat(sagging [sic] beanie, hang back) or the typical fold knit hat. They are very warm and very stylish, and you can find them in almost any design you want. I myself prefer the hang back because it covers my ears, also i [sic] believe it to be one of the most amazing things that can go on a head."

This dude goes by the name "Aristotle." You'll note that I had to use the [sic] marking five times in one short quote.  I'm fairly certain the real Aristotle would roll over in his grave if he knew that some kid was making a mockery of language in this manner.  Further, I find it hard to believe the real Aristotle would stand for someone in one of these hats, let alone say that it "is one of the most amazing things that can go on a head."

Let's review.  He actually said that these floppy hats are "one of the most amazing things to can go on a head."  Just let that digest for a moment, while imagining the author in his natural habitat: Starbucks.


Although I could give the aforementioned author credit for not suggesting that his readership try any sort of rasta hat in the summer, he ruins it with the following wisdom: "So this winter forget about being a redneck with your fur lined trapper, get a knit hat and look sleek, cool, and a little bit hipster(don't worry, there's nothing wrong with that)."

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment