Friday, September 10, 2010

General Anger in the Direction of Hollywood

The more I've thought about this floppy hat nonsense, brought to you by our friend Aristotle, the angrier I've gotten.  While I blame the hipsters ("unwashed masses," if you will) for many obnoxious trends, I think the fault really lies with Johnny Depp.
Here's a newflash, kids.  Only Johnny Depp can be Johnny Depp.  No amount of douchescarves, dangly necklaces, wrist adornment or headgear idiocy can give you the same brand of smarmy, European, artiste-cool vibe that Depp has flaunted in my US Weekly ever since Edward Scissorhands.  I'm not saying it's right, I'm just stating a fact.  Richard Grieco had to come to terms with it, and so can you.

I wish I could say it were just Johnny, but the children aren't doing any better.  Case in point, past FA contributor, Zac Efron.
Dammit Zac, why do you have to let people think this is OK?  And why did I find this on a site which says "The trick to wearing a floppy, knitted skullcap? Pair it with something this basic and uncomplicated. If you’re somewhere up north or in the mountains, we guarantee you’ll never want to take it off."

No.  No no no no no.  No.  NO.  This is NOT cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment